Tuesday, February 3, 2009

War PC Games



War PC games have come to my attention in recent times. If you recall, I mentioned in a previous blog post that. These are some of the serendipitous things that have somehow found their way onto my gaming lap.

War PC games include many different genres. Some of the more obvious ones I've encountered and played are First Person Shooters (FPSs), but there are simulators and strategy games out there that fall under the category as well. The genre is so broad that the distinctions can get a little bit blurry at times.

One particular war PC game that I've had the privilege to play was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. as part of my job in the company I'd previously worked for. I was asked to review a particular game accessory and my colleagues recommended that I try it out with the said game.

Unfortunately, I never finished the single player campaign of this game due to time constraints. It did open my eyes, however, to the fact that war PC games need not be the mindless fragfests that I once thought they were. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Call of Duty 4 required some intriguing think-on-your-feet strategy from me as a player.

One thing I'd like to bring to your attention today is the Tom Clancy series of war PC games. Someone came up with the brilliant idea of attaching this distinguished author's name to a whole lineup of games, and so far, the strategy has worked wonders.

Tom Clancy's EndWar, for example, is a real time strategy (RTS) game that makes exciting use of voice commands to direct one's troops in battle. The Splinter Cell lineup could pretty much give Konami's Metal Gear series a run for its money, at least as far as stealth games go. I'm also looking forward to H.A.W.X, as it reminds me a lot of the venerable Ace Combat games.

If you're looking for, I highly recommend that you give the Tom Clancy war PC game series a try. There are a variety of games to choose from in the series, so pick anything that looks seems to resonate with you and start playing. I can practically guarantee that you'll have a blast in more ways than one.

That's it for today. Thanks for reading, and welcome to the wonderful, weapon-filled world of war PC games.

No comments:

Post a Comment